The University Center of Tipaza is a public institution of a scientific, cultural and professional nature, with legal personality and financial independence. The University Center of Tipaza was established by Executive Decree No. 11-302 dated 22 Ramadan 1432 corresponding to August 22, 2011.
The University Center Morsli Abdellah of Tipaza provides a high quality education to more than 18.000 students within Bachelor, Master and PhD levels, taught and supervised by 520 teachers. The University Center Morsli Abdellah of Tipaza is located in the upper part of the city of Tipaza and occupies an area of 28 hectares.
The university center currently includes 5 institutes:
- Institute of Sciences: divided in 4 departments
- Department of civil engineering,
- Department of process engineering,
- Department of electronics,
- Department of Nature and life sciences
- Institute of Economic, Commercial and Management Sciences
- Department of Management Sciences
- Department of Commercial Sciences
- Department of Economic Sciences
- Department of Finance and Accounting
- Institute of Social and Human Sciences,
- Department of human sciences
- Department of Social sciences
- Institute of Law and Political Science,
- Department of Low
- Department of political sciences
- Institute of Arabic Language and Literature
- Department of Arabic literature
- Department of Arabic language
The executive Decree No. 279-03 issued on August 23, 2003, amending and supplementing the tasks of the university as follows:
Within the framework of the tasks of the public service of higher education, the university guarantees the tasks of higher training and the tasks of scientific research and technological development.
In the field of higher training, the main tasks of the university are:
- Creating the necessary frameworks for the economic, social and cultural development of the country.
- Bringing students closer to research methods and methods and promoting training through research and for research.
- Contribute to the production, dissemination, acquisition and development of science and knowledge.
- Contribute to continuing education.
In the field of scientific research and technological development, the basic tasks of the university are:
- Contribute to the national effort for scientific research and technological development.
- Promotion and dissemination of national culture.
- Participation in supporting national scientific capabilities.
- Valuing the results of scientific research and dissemination of scientific and technical information.
- Participation within the international scientific and cultural group in the exchange and enrichment of knowledge.
The values that the university center defends:
- Protecting and promoting the values of academic freedom, within the law and a sense of responsibility towards the nation and the institution.
- Achieving the principle of an effective and competitive public sector that is at the service of training and research and is subject to quality procedures.
- Promote the critical spirit and values of responsible citizenship.
- Achieving the principle of equal opportunity.
- Respect the quality values and procedures, which require creative planned work.
- An institution that is open to the world and to cooperation.
- Committed to professional ethics, honesty and fighting scientific theft.
- The University Center Morsali Abdellah aspires to perform the tasks assigned to it, in particular to create suitable working conditions for the university family, provide diverse and attractive training offers, and develop innovative research projects.
Regarding the formation policy:
- Opening new Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes
- Training staff teams on modern and innovative methods.
- Activating the role of training within the framework of research laboratories.
- Completing the building of the documentary balance.
- Developing professional training offers and facilitating professional integration.
Regarding scientific research and technological development:
- Completion of training teams, especially at the Institute of Science and Technology.
- Strengthening cooperation with Algerian and international university institutions by developing joint projects Strengthening relations with economic institutions
- Activating the role of research laboratories and forming a group of PhD students.
Vision and Missions
The University Center Morsali Abdallah aspires, within the short and medium terms, to achieve a qualitative development in training and research, which then qualifies it to provide services, and allows it to contribute to local development, in all its social, economic and technological fields, and this is within the framework of respecting the values of Algerian society.
The vision of the university center falls within the policy of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, which has set its sectorial policy according to the development priorities of the Algerian state, and these priorities do not go beyond:
- Modernizing and modernizing higher education and increasing the university’s role in development through research and development.
- Responding to the great demand for higher education, while maintaining equal opportunities and maintaining the quality of training.
At the local, regional, national and international levels:
- Imposing the presence of our institution locally, nationally and internationally, with qualitative training and useful applied research.
- Contribute to the economic, social and cultural development of the wilaya of Tipasa. Developing the use of media, communication and digitization in general.
- Providing high-quality academic programs in various branches of knowledge.
- Develop and support research in a way that contributes to enriching knowledge and achieving development goals.
- Strengthening the role of the university in community service and building a knowledge society. Create a university environment that supports production and excellence.